Diary of Seoul.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I threw a woman. Kinda.


One of my main goals when I started Swing Dancing is to throw a woman.

I wanted to throw her in the air and catch her. If it wasn't for my knees giving out, I would be throwing women all the time but the process has been slow. I have tried to be careful. Recently, I attended a workshop in Korea for swing dancing that was being conducted my world class swing dancers. Baltimore's own Nina Gilkenson and Micheal Faltesek. They are both incredible dancers! Very fun to watch and great teachers!

One of their workshops they taught this move where we hoisted a woman using our hips and guide her back down. I prefer to just say I threw a woman! I hope to have video soon! (Knee Willing....)


The picture is of me and one of my favorite dancers Eimer, she awesome but too good of a dancer for me. (I am still a beginner...) We had a great time, though. This was taken at the workshop during the social dance time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home